Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welcome!



I have been thinking about starting a blog that focuses on computer lessons and projects for kids for a while. I have been teaching elementary computer and a high school computer graphics class for the last couple of years. I was reluctant at first teaching elementary computer, but have come to really enjoy it. Though there were lots of websites and resources that cover typing and other general school subjects (math, spelling, etc.), I had a very difficult time finding interesting projects and lessons that focus on Word, Excel, Publisher and Photoshop for younger children.

I plan to share my experiences teaching the different areas of technology with children. This summer, I will be having a digital art camp and will have the opportunity to post the creative side of the technology. We will be using Photoshop to manipulate photos, draw and paint and create small videos with filters and affects. We will also be exploring animation and creating stop motion animated videos. I will be posting instruction and videos examples for the the students and others to refer to. I will follow these projects with student work. It really is going to be a fun experience.

I hope you find blog helpful and a source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment