1. Create a folder and name it ColorPop.
2. Save an image in the folder.
3. Open the image if Photoshop.
File > Open
4. Duplicate Layer. It is always important to work on a duplicate layer just in case a mistake is made.
Ctrl+J or go to Layers > Duplicate Layer
5. Black and White. Now we change the new image (Layer 1) to a black and whit image.
Select Layer 1
Image > Adjustments > Black & White
6. New Layer. Now were going to create an empty layer to paint in the areas of color.
Click on the New Layer button in the Layers Palette or go to Layer > New > Layer
7. Blend Mode. While Layer 2 is selected choose the Color, Blend Mode in the Layers Palette.
8. Painting. Select the Brush Tool in the Toolbar and select a color you want to paint with by clicking on the Foreground color box.
Make sure to paint on the Layer 2. Switch colors when needed.
9. Save. Go to File > Save to save project. Name the project PopColor.psd.